Re: [Gimp-developer] How much money to make a dent in GIMP 2.8?

On 03/09/2012 09:01 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Someone wrote:
>> So what kind of money do you think would it take to catch up?  Or to
>> at least make a significant step towards catching up?
>
> No amount of money will help if there is no one available with the
> skills, level of knowledge of GIMP's source code, and the time to work
> on the project.

Money can buy you time: Depending on where you live, a fulltime paid
developer could invest 35 to 45 hours a week into the project without
having to fear that there is no money at the end of the month to pay the
rent. Compared to a developer being able to invest some of his/her spare
time only, this can be a noticeable difference on productivity per month.

Choosing a skilled and knowledgeable developer and
guide/motivate/control him/her to the benefit of the project goals at
hand is another challenge altogether. This process sometimes is referred
to as "herding cats".

Just saying ,,,

Regards

Stefan Peter

--
"In summary, I think you are trying to solve a problem that may not
need to be solved, using a tool that is not meant to solve it, without