Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:55:48 +0300
> From: shlomif shlomifish org
> To: partha1b gmail com
> CC: gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt
>
> Hi Partha,
>
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:22:35 -0400
> Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Mukund Sivaraman <muks banu com> wrote:
> > Of course, if GIMP is re-written in qbasic that would be great. :) :) Maybe APL?
>
> We should rewrite GIMP in PDP-10 Assembly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-10 .
>
> Regards,
>
> Shlomi Fish

For some reason, this reminds me of last month when I began porting an old VB6 project of mine into VS2010 (made no easier by a mandatory import step through VS2008).  I had to fix a thousand-plus build errors all by hand because the VB programming model had simply changed so much from VB6.  The end result both runs nicer on the outside and looks nicer on the inside, but the transition itself was just plain hell.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com