Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

Hi Shlomi

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 01:21:03PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> In any case, I would be willing to work on porting GIMP's build system to
> CMake, as long as there is a general agreement from GIMP's developers that
> CMake will be available in addition or instead of GNU Autotools (so I won't
> work for naught).

Automake has served GIMP well so far. We also have several people who
know automake well enough to help other developers if they are unable
to find their way.  Do we need to change to CMake?  Nobody has given
reasons so far, just assumed that we'd like to switch to CMake.  It
would substitute one hell for another.

Same applies for Qt. These suggestions keep coming up again and again.
GIMP should be rewritten in C++, GIMP should use some other new thing,
etc.  Many times I look at how GIMP does something (in its tree) as an
example of how to do something nearly perfectly.

		Mukund