Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Malix wrote:

> I already know that this post will generate a lot of flames.

But you do it anyway?

> Next step of the project is the porting of the code to Gtk 3

It started over a year ago, it's just lower priority right now.

> why instead not switching away from gtk and go with Qt?

Because developers prefer GTK+? Because GTK+ was born from GIMP, so
there's a bond between the two projects?

> And also leave autohell and switch to make?

What is make, please? Are you referring to CMake maybe? :)

Personally I don't mind it. Would you like to provide a patch?

> You can think that I'm just kidding but consider those two blog post

No, you are "merely" suggesting to scrap a lot of work on GTK3 port
that's already done.

> http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2012/07/23/self-congratulating-echo-chamber/

I think you really intended to link to
http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2012/07/27/staring-into-the-abyss/
instead. There are some good points and some horrible points there.
You do not explain however, what is it exactly that made you link to
this blog posting.

> http://blog.mardy.it/2012/05/from-g-to-q.html?m=1

Sorry, but sending people to a wall of text is not very helpful.
You'll have to explain what you were meant to say with this link :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org