Re: [Gimp-developer] Non-incremental painting

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 01:08 +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

> Definitely. He can begin by apologizing for how
[...]

The way forward is always to forgive, as long as the miscreant clearly
makes a conscious effort to improve, and of course does not wear shoes
or white socks :-) It is of no avail to set people to a higher standard
than they can achieve. The child must learn to crawl before dancing.

Sometimes mailing lists and IRC bring out the aspergers' syndrome in us
all: a lack of empathy, a tendency to forget that on the other end of
the wire are people just like us, with feelings and needs.

Of course, sometimes no amount of working with someone will get them to
change, and at some point yes, we all run out of patience, but then
perhaps it is we who are at fault, who have also failed to meet our own
impossible standards of perfection.

Or to put it another way, "never stop loving" :-)

Liam