Re: [Gimp-developer] Non-incremental painting

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 03:33:20PM +0100, Cedric Sodhi wrote:
> I see no use in non-icremental paiting. [...]
>
> If anyone can think of a usecase where that non-intuitive, unpredictable
> painting mode is actually useful, please prove me wrong.

Now that's funny. I'm a MyPaint developer, and I know this discussion, but
with opposite signs.  MyPaint only supports what GIMP calls incremental
painting, and users are asking again and again that we implement
non-incremental painting.  Just look at the recent discussion here:

http://forum.intilinux.com/mypaint-help-and-tips/same-stroke-overlap/

Btw. I completely and heartily agree with the "predictability" argument. But
it would be complete nonsense to remove this feature from GIMP, it's
oviously something very useful also for painting.

--
Martin Renold