Re: [Gimp-developer] how to modify precisely a guide position ?

On 01/08/2012 11:40 PM, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

But I'd still like to have a keyboard shortcut to create a guide. There are sufficient number of occasions when I know I want a guide at a specific place, and it would be quicker to press a few keys, than move the mouse around.

Challenge accepted:

Image/Guide/New guide, you can assign a short-cut to it, for instance Ctrl-Shift-G. This gives:

- [Ctrl-Shift-G]
- [Cursor up] (horizontal) or [Cursor down] (vertical)
- [Tab] (switches to position field)
- [3]+[8]+[2] (enter new position)
- [Enter]

Could be a bit more deterministic if H/V shortcuts were usable in the direction selector.