Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On 16 February 2012 16:25, Aleksey Midenkov <midenok gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Bogdan Szczurek <thebodzio gmail com> wrote:
>> Why not? Write a script… or suggest solid action recording. These are the
>> ways meant exactly for that kind of work. 40 click or 200 clicks – they'll
>> all be annoying just the same :}.
>
> Because each operation on each photo must be eye-controlled. F.ex.
> cropping parameters or brightness tuning is different per each image.

This is very off-topic, but some editors like Blender or (my baby)
nip2 are pipeline based, and this can be a nice alternative to
recording, for some operations anyway.

These programs let you assemble a chain of operations from the source
image to the destination. The whole thing is live and you can adjust
the settings in any of the operations as you please and see the result
instantly. You can drop a new image in at the start to processes it,
or even drop a whole directory of images in for batch processing.

GEGL has a demo that does something like this and I think there's been
talk of adding a GEGL graph editor to gimp. It may happen!

John