Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP UI quality opinion

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

>> Ambitious and professional users (the desired audience for GIMP) tend to
>> learn shortcuts for the very frequent commands. To then have toolbar icons
>> for them is just a waste of space.
>
> Yes, I see how you treat people who uses your software. Just normal
> people, who have their opinion and have the right to speak it.

Expressing opinions and insulting are two different things.

> people. That's says everything! You direct to some logs saying 'read
> what we did'! But I don't need read it.

Not "need". The right word is "must". You must study the subject
before making an accusation. There's plenty of information available
even in your native language about what changes to UI we've introduced
over the past few years.

Whether you are relying on facts on preferring a system of beliefs
disconnected from reality is, again, entirely up to you. But the next
time you decide to speak your mind in the open, pretty please find
some peace in your heart and talk with dignity. Suppressing hysterics
would be even more desirable.

> I as an ordinary user saw not much new since last 7 years.

Ah, suddenly "nothing" becomes "not much". I saw that one coming :)

> And you don't blame me on that I use only basic operations.

Yes, we don't blame you for that. You've just provided us a wide range
of other, far more interesting blaming options :)

On the whole, as a Linux user you have quite a few more applications
to use, if you need just basic operations and a toolbar that's so dear
to you. Pinta would be one, Krita would be another (albeit not really
simple).

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org