Re: RFE: predefined (and customizable) list of aspect ratio values in Crop tool options

2011/10/27 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Olivier wrote:

>> 2.7 has brand new sparkling tool presets that fill this need :) They
>> have been widely used exactly for this purpose by early testers.
>
> I don't understand how that can be used for saving the fixed aspect ratio
> for the crop tool.

It can be used for that quite literally :) Just try it :)

With your encouragements I tried further. I have the impression that in order to use a specific tool preset, first I must choose a tool different from the one I'm using, otherwise selecting the tool preset I need has no effect. Is there something hidden that I don't understand?

In other words, I want to use the Crop tool with a specific set of options I saved before, and which by the way does not deal with the options that are shown in the Tool Preset Editor (none of them). If the Crop tool is currently selected, I must first select another tool, then select the tool preset I saved before.

Am I missing something obvious?
--
Olivier Lecarme