Re: RFE: predefined (and customizable) list of aspect ratio values in Crop tool options

Hello Alexandre,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:11:25 +0400 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:44 PM, wwp wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >

> > using Gimp 2.6, I always use the Fixed aspect ratio thing to
> > crop photos. I always have to manually edit the ratio value in the
> > widget right below, to get 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, etc. (there are many common
> > aspect rations that fit photo printing, see reference below).
>
> GIMP already memorizes values that you used before. So when you start
> typing in, it tries to autocomplete.

Oh, you're right, type-ahead does auto-complete.. but it doesn't
remember values across when I restart the application.

Anyway keeping a trace of all that is typed is not always good idea. It
would remember typos and mistakes too. I could live with it, if the
remembered values are stored (even if I have to purge the list manually
by editing a config file).

That type-ahead concept is also is different from a combo list (no need
for keystrokes to reuse a predefined value), and you can even get both.

Regards,

--
wwp