Re: [gedit-list] Transferring gedit settings to another user profile

> Why do you think this doesn't work on your system because it is Xubuntu?

I don't think it wouldn't work. It merely isn't there. So it's no good for me in the present circumstances.

I would assume this is because Dconf is part of Gnome, ya? And Xubuntu uses xfce, hmmokay? This seemed like a reasonable explanation to me because, e.g.:

"
# man dconf
No manual entry for dconf
"

>> Either way, it is hard to understand why gedit doesn't make it simple for users to locate/transport/transplant their settings, such as years of dictionary updates. By neglecting these things that users invest in on a day-to-day basis, the software encourages users not to invest.

(bump)