Re: [gedit-list] Transferring gedit settings to another user profile

On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 10:40:40AM +0000, Mark Ballard wrote:
~/.local/share/,

I can't see anything in here relating to gedit. But I do see a lot of
things I don't want to copy. Is there anything in particular that gedit
needs?

If there are some things to copy for gedit, it'll be in:
~/.local/share/gedit/

and copy the directory or file where the dconf values are stored.

So that must be easier said than done?! Ah yes, it is. Here's a solution
someone proposed on Ask Ubuntu:

""".
gedit keeps some of it's preferences in gnome registry.

You can see them if you spawn gconf-editor and visit /apps/gedit-2

gconf is the old settings system that was used in GNOME 2. When
searching something on the web, read also the date ;)

For dconf, a quick search can give you the answer:
$ man dconf

       dconf dump DIR
       dconf load DIR

--