Re: [gedit-list] gedit External Tools menu is empty only when started from Activities

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:09:23PM +0300, Paul wrote:
As you suggested, I created a new user for testing. I couldn't replicate
the issue. The External Tools menu does show the defined tools.

Back to my user, I tried to search for any kind of log files but couldn't
find any. They would definitely help.

Paolo helped me a bit on IRC, the logs are actually on the systemd
journal:

$ journalctl -a | grep -i gedit

There is probably a better way to get only gedit messages.

I, also, tried to run the application using:
$ gtk-launch org.gnome.gedit.desktop

But it didn't work at all. gedit appears in the Application Menu beside the
Activities button at the top bar for a couple of seconds and then
disappears without opening any window.

Cleaning the ~/.config/gedit/ directory and restarting the application
didn't help either.

Is there something else in my home directory that I may try to clean?

Yes, ~/.local/share/gedit/ and ~/.cache/gedit/ (if it exists).

Sébastien