Re: [gedit-list] gedit External Tools menu is empty only when started from Activities

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:12:48AM +0300, Paul wrote:
I recently upgraded to Fedora 21 from Fedora 20. When I start gedit from
the Activities overview and navigate to the External Tools menu, it doesn't
show any of the defined external tools (Manage External Tools, though,
lists them correctly). However, if I start gedit from a terminal or Alt+F2
all my external tools are shown properly. What could be a reason for such
behavior?

Any help would be appreciated.

Does it also happen with a clean home, e.g. after creating a new user?

I don't know if stdout/stderr is redirected to a log file. If it is the
case, it would be useful to find that log file, and see if there is any
warnings or errors.

But it's most probably a bug.

Sébastien