[gedit-list] gedit External Tools menu is empty only when started from Activities

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fedora 21 from Fedora 20. When I start gedit from the Activities overview and navigate to the External Tools menu, it doesn't show any of the defined external tools (Manage External Tools, though, lists them correctly). However, if I start gedit from a terminal or Alt+F2 all my external tools are shown properly. What could be a reason for such behavior?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Paul