Re: [gedit-list] Need help in accessing the text from gedit text editor programmatically

Hi Kantha,

not sure whether that can help you much, but I have a gedit plugin
that accesses the text of the current editor window (and converts it
to HTML for displaying it in the bottom panel).

https://github.com/bittner/gedit-reST-plugin/blob/gedit-3.14/reST/restructuredtext.py#L58

It's kind of like:

    view = parent_window.get_active_view()
    doc = view.get_buffer()
    text = doc.get_text()

See the implementation on GitHub for details.

Hope that helps,
Peter

Hi Kantha,