Re: [gedit-list] GSOC Proposal: Gedit as a class note taking application.

Is your idea to create a gedit plugin similar to Microsoft OneNote? If so, I like that idea. I'm looking for something for Linux that has the OneNote features.
Dave

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Andres de Barbara <adebarbara gmail com> wrote:
>  gedit is a plain text editor and I don't think it is a good idea to make
 >  it displaying  graphs, equations, etc.

 I love gedit because is a plain text editor. Even simple thing like
 P(A/S) = P(Ai) . P(S/Ai) / Sum [i=inf,i=0] (P(A) . P(S/Ai)) are not
 cool when I read this notes to study, or spend five minutes making
 asciiart magic for a bar graph

 >  If you want to propose a gedit related project for GSOC I think you can
 >  find great ideas on http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins.

 I don't understand, those plugins aren't already done?

 >  For example, it would be very nice to have a "no distraction" mode
 >  similar to WriteRoom (http://hogbaysoftware.com/products/writeroom).

 Ok, this look nice ...

 >  Another very nice project could be to write one or more plugins to solve
 >  the "typing sucks" problem... i.e. to allow the users to write more text
 >  in less time.

 How could this be solve?