[gedit-list] GSOC Proposal: Gedit as a class note taking application.

Hi, I am a student from Argentina and want to make this proposal for
GSOC. This gedit related and I don't known if it could make as an
appropriate idea in the gnome project. Please comment it.

Title: Provide Gedit with sufficient features to perform efficient
class note taking.
Project: GNOME
Abstract: As student, I always make my note taking on my laptop. As
there is no Gnome application this specific for task I end up using
Gedit.
Gedit lacks of required features for common tasks on the university
classes, as graphics (line, bars, etc), bookmarking (easy class
navigation), simple foots notes, equations and math, etc.
This project will provide enough plugins to perform those, task
without embedded them on the gedit core. Will be programed using
Python language as a way of fast pace prototyping and re implement
them in C languages if it is required.

All commets will be welcome. Thanks in advance.