Re: [gedit-list] GSOC Proposal: Gedit as a class note taking application.

>  Abstract: As student, I always make my note taking on my laptop. As
>  there is no Gnome application this specific for task I end up using
>  Gedit.

What about Tomboy? I would love to have lines, bars, images, tables,
etc. in there. What if you proposed to do an "advanced editing addin"
for them?

Or, to stay with gedit, what if you did something with different kinds
of markup (rst, textile, markdown) where in one pane there's the text
editor with the markup and in the other the automatically updated
interpreted page. That way you never leave a text editing mode, but
you'll have a rich document at the end, which you can see as you
write.

Whichever you pick, I would put your idea up on this page
(http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2008/Ideas) and ask on IRC (#gnome
on irc.gnome.org/ irc.gimp.org) for someone to be your mentor (Gnome
is the mentoring organization and the mentor has to be a Gnome
Foundation Member) quickly, since the deadline is March 31.

--
-J. Method