[gedit-list] GSOC Proposal: Gedit as a class note taking application.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Joseph Method <tristil gmail com> wrote:
 > >  Abstract: As student, I always make my note taking on my laptop. As
 >  >  there is no Gnome application this specific for task I end up using
 >  >  Gedit.
 >
 >  What about Tomboy? I would love to have lines, bars, images, tables,
 >  etc. in there. What if you proposed to do an "advanced editing addin"
 >  for them?

 I use tomboy for ideas and "don't forget the milk" kind of stuff. I
 use it for take notes on class and well ... is not for me.

 >  Or, to stay with gedit, what if you did something with different kinds
 >  of markup (rst, textile, markdown) where in one pane there's the text
 >  editor with the markup and in the other the automatically updated
 >  interpreted page. That way you never leave a text editing mode, but
 >  you'll have a rich document at the end, which you can see as you
 >  write.

 The idea is use some kind of markup system to represent in the saved
 text file, but when you open (or print it), will be replace by a nice
 looking representation of that object.

 >  Whichever you pick, I would put your idea up on this page
 >  (http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2008/Ideas) and ask on IRC (#gnome
 >  on irc.gnome.org/ irc.gimp.org) for someone to be your mentor (Gnome
 >  is the mentoring organization and the mentor has to be a Gnome
 >  Foundation Member) quickly, since the deadline is March 31.

 I'll will upload the proposal as soon as convince at least one of you. :)
 >  --
 >  -J. Method

 Cheers
 Andrés.