Re: [gedit-list] Special Symbols plugin for gedit
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: Yotam Medini <yotam medini gmail com>
- Cc: gedit-list gnome org, linux-heb iglu org il
- Subject: Re: [gedit-list] Special Symbols plugin for gedit
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:02:34 +0200
Paolo Maggi wrote:
A plugin for gedit, that supports insertion of any
Unicode special symbol is available.
Implemented in Python and comes with default set for Hebrew
<ניקוד, טעמי מקרא ...
Read more at
http://www.medini.org/software/gedit/gedit.html (with screenshot)
enjoy &&|| complain
Why didn't you use the "Side Pane"?
May be your plugin could be merged with the "CharMap" plugin in
gedit-plugins. What do you think?
Same remark as Paolo, but it may not apply if your plugin is designed
for very specific needs.
The charmap plugin is a gucharmap integration in gedit, and so provide a
way to insert any unicode symbol; they are sorted by script, the way
they are in gucharmap. It has a few bugs too ;-)
But it's written in C, and already provided by distros like ubuntu edgy.
And we are always happy of getting patches ;-)
] [Thread Prev