Re: [gedit-list] Special Symbols plugin for gedit

Hello Paolo

I am using gedit 2.14.4 that comes with Ubuntu 6.06.
I did not see there the CharMap plugin.
Can I install it on top of this Gedit version?
Where can I pick the plugin from?

About the "Side Pane". I believe I do not understand.
You mean a standard Gtk widget, or a Gedit mechanism.
Can you please refer to an example.
Do you mean to put the SpecSym window within the main Gedit window?
It may eat lots of pixel-space which be very precious when editing
bidirectional text.

By the way. I there a clean way to define a version
for a specific plugin via the Gedit plugin interface?

regards -- yotam