Re: [gedit-list] gedit developers recruitment

Hi Jens,

My intention was not to code a plugin, but to change the default look of
gedit by adding a GtkHPanned with the filebrowser in slot 1 and the
buffer notebook in slot 2.

Plugins seems to be a bit overused in gedit. I mean the Ascii-table,
word count and date/time plugins seems to be quite standard features...

hmmm... I look at gedit like a very simple and basic text editor (like MS notepad), that can be configured and expanded by the user using plugins.
This is the reason I want to implement all the new features as plugins.

Ciao