[gedit-list] gedit developers recruitment

Hello group,

I just read your "recruitment" email on gnome-love and wanted to help
out.
I have been programming for about 5 years with C,C++ on windows and I
have
been using Linux for about 3 years.  I have done some Linux development
at
work in C so I am not a newbie to the GNU tool chain.  I have been
wanting
to help out with the GNOME project for some time now and decided that
Gedit
would be a great start : )

I may need some tips on setting up a nice and efficient dev environment
on
Linux since 98% of my development in on windoze.  I have an LFS system I
set
up and a Redhat 7.3 system.  A overview of the gedit dev cycle would be
great
(i.e. check out from cvs, make changes, preferred diff command, send
patch
to joe blow, etc.)

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants
Business Systems