Re: [gedit-list] gedit developers recruitment

Hi Jim,

I just read your "recruitment" email on gnome-love and wanted to help
out.
I have been programming for about 5 years with C,C++ on windows and I
have
been using Linux for about 3 years.  I have done some Linux development
at
work in C so I am not a newbie to the GNU tool chain.  I have been
wanting
to help out with the GNOME project for some time now and decided that
Gedit
would be a great start : )

Great... you are on board then.

I may need some tips on setting up a nice and efficient dev environment
on
Linux since 98% of my development in on windoze.  I have an LFS system I
set
up and a Redhat 7.3 system.  A overview of the gedit dev cycle would be
great
(i.e. check out from cvs, make changes, preferred diff command, send
patch
to joe blow, etc.)

We are working in CVS HEAD now
(read http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html for info)

Preferred diff command: "cvs -z3 diff -u"

The patches should be sent to me and to the gedit-list

For the moment, I will commit your patches for you.

Ciao