Re: [gedit-list] gedit developers recruitment

lör 2002-08-24 klockan 17.50 skrev Paolo Maggi:

> Yep, I think you could try to write file tree plugin. The only problem I
> see is that the current gedit shell (i.e. bonobo-mdi) does not implement
> docking capabilities. So your file tree, for the moment, will be in a
> its own window.

My intention was not to code a plugin, but to change the default look of
gedit by adding a GtkHPanned with the filebrowser in slot 1 and the
buffer notebook in slot 2.

Plugins seems to be a bit overused in gedit. I mean the Ascii-table,
word count and date/time plugins seems to be quite standard features...