Re: [Geary] Geary 0.12 Timeline / Features?

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
I wanted to try out Nylas (actually to see if I could recommend it to Windows users), but it seems that a Nylas id is required even to add an account not provided by Nylas. Non-sense. https://github.com/nylas/nylas-mail/issues/3142

Yes, it is required.  And with bad internet I have had a few problems where the nylas account authentication with my gmail account was lost / errored and it was hard to reset.  But the main negative for me is with the heavy CPU usage: there are about 4-5 processes running that when combined have my CPU really working (I do have 5 gmail accounts through it however... so maybe it isn't as bad for most people with a single account).

I prefer avoiding "open core" software: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_core

Yes, this is the big thing.  Besides the CPU usage mentioned above, it just isn't REALLY open.  It has reaffirmed to me that Geary is really going the right direction.