Re: [gdm-list] How to add a window manager in GDM (Fedora 13)?

Hi

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Johnny <yggdrasil gmx co uk> wrote:
>> The menu should show up on the bottom panel after you select a user.
>> Note you won't see it if you have password less login (which is a bug,
>> but we haven't fixed it yet), since with passwordless login you're
>> authenticated immediately after selecting your username.
>>
> Thanks for the confirmation I am on the right track! However, I don't
> get any dropdown menu to choose window managers; the only choices I get
> after selecting user is 'Keyboard' and 'Language'. Is there some option
> where I have to enable 'Session'?
No, there's no option that I know of.

It will hide the menu if it only thinks there is one choice, though.

What happens if you take gnome.desktop that's already in
/usr/share/xsessions and copy it to a new filename (say
gnome2.desktop) then edit the Name to be GNOME 2.

Does it show up then with two items in the list?

--Ray