Re: [gdm-list] Status of GDM 2.22?

Le mercredi 23 janvier 2008 à 10:34 -0600, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> Sebastien:
>
> > Ubuntu has decided to not use the new gdm codebase in the coming version
> > since it still has no settings migration, themed login, graphical
> > configuration tool, autologin, language selection and lacks testing.
> > We will likely distribute the new code as a snapshot version or
> > something similar that users can install though
>
> That seems to make a stronger argument that we should make the new
> GDM more easily to parallel install with the old GDM.  If we were
> to do this, then it would be easier to provide the newer GDM on
> Solaris as well.

I'll play the devil advocate here :

I don't see the point in allowing parallel install for both gdm
branches.

People who will want to test gdm won't be able to use both at the same
time. And thanks to packaging, you can easily install one version to
replace another and vice versa without too much trouble.

BTW, Mandriva will keep shipping gdm 2.20.x for our next release (2008
Spring) and I don't plan to ship gdm 2.22.x as test package.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva