Re: [gdm-list] Status of GDM 2.22?

Sebastien:

Ubuntu has decided to not use the new gdm codebase in the coming version
since it still has no settings migration, themed login, graphical
configuration tool, autologin, language selection and lacks testing. We will likely distribute the new code as a snapshot version or
something similar that users can install though

That seems to make a stronger argument that we should make the new
GDM more easily to parallel install with the old GDM.  If we were
to do this, then it would be easier to provide the newer GDM on
Solaris as well.

Brian