Re: [gdm-list] Face Browser weirdness in 2.8.0.5

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Brian Cameron wrote:

Brandon:

You got to help me out more.  Are you using gdmlogin or gdmgreeter?

Sorry -- we got our signals crossed. I was still talking about the face browser, which AFAIK isn't supported in gdmgreeter. And when I said '300-pixel window,' I meant the smaller space inside the GDM window in which the user icons or faces appear. It doesn't vary in size with different themes, and adding or removing the logo doesn't affect it either.

Perhaps I should try poking around with some more recent development versions, since it looks like there's a lot going on, and rightly so - the login screen is the 'public face' of desktop Linux.

Note you can set "DOING_GDM_DEVELOPMENT=1" and run the /usr/lib/gdmlogin
and /usr/lib/gdmgreeter program from your session to see how it looks
without having to logout/login/etc. for testing.

Set an environment variable, you mean? I will poke around with that.

Thanks for working on this and for your prompt replies.

-Brandon