Re: [gDesklets] Command-line testing of sensors
- From: Bjoern Koch <H Humpel gmx de>
- To: Joe Sapp <sappj ieee org>
- Cc: David Jennings <mail davidjennings net>, gdesklets-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gDesklets] Command-line testing of sensors
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:13:57 +0100
> Will that work with sensors?
Ahhh.... right. This is still using a Sensor (unbelievable, isn't it ?).
I guess the test-Script won't work with Sensors.
> Sensors have been deprecated for years now. People have been having issues
> with GoodWeather for a while for that reason. If you're interested, you
> could try writing a weather control (replacement for sensors).
Very good idea.
But the main problem (IMHO) with a weather desklet (including Control)
you are going to use.
> I was thinking about writing one based on Yahoo weather , but if weather.com
> provides an XML feed that might work too.
AFAIR there is a Yahoo Weather Control... checking...
Yes, you can find it in the SideCandy Weather Desklet (take a look at
the Desklets Archive site).
But I have no idea if it is working (the desklets and/or the control) or
if it does comply to the Yahoo TOS.
] [Thread Prev