Re: [gDesklets] Command-line testing of sensors

On 12/07/2010 01:21 AM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>> Is there a simple way to test sensors on the command-line so I can check
>> if this component is working correctly?
>
> Sure. There is a file called test-control.py .
> You can find it in the sources or get it here:

Bjoern,
Will that work with sensors?

David,
Sensors have been deprecated for years now.  People have been having issues
with GoodWeather for a while for that reason.  If you're interested, you
could try writing a weather control (replacement for sensors).  I was
thinking about writing one based on Yahoo weather [1], but if weather.com
provides an XML feed that might work too.

Joe

[1] http://developer.yahoo.com/python/python-xml.html