Re: [gDesklets] Command-line testing of sensors
- From: Joe Sapp <sappj ieee org>
- To: Bjoern Koch <H Humpel gmx de>
- Cc: David Jennings <mail davidjennings net>, gdesklets-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gDesklets] Command-line testing of sensors
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 07:37:17 -0500
On 12/07/2010 01:21 AM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> Hi there,
>> Is there a simple way to test sensors on the command-line so I can check
>> if this component is working correctly?
> Sure. There is a file called test-control.py .
> You can find it in the sources or get it here:
Will that work with sensors?
Sensors have been deprecated for years now. People have been having issues
with GoodWeather for a while for that reason. If you're interested, you
could try writing a weather control (replacement for sensors). I was
thinking about writing one based on Yahoo weather , but if weather.com
provides an XML feed that might work too.
] [Thread Prev