Re: [gDesklets] gdeskets configuration

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Bjoern Koch <H Humpel gmx de> wrote:

> Haven't tested it yet but for me it looks like this patch is going to look
> in /etc/... for the profile on *any* newly installed system, too, as there
> shouldn't be a "displays" file in the ".gdesklets" dir in the user's home
> dir as this will be created and installed on gDesklets' first startup - as
> far as I know.
> But I might be wrong there.

You're absolutely right I should have added that the desired profile
to be started system wide, should be copied from .gdesklets to
/etc/gdeskelts directory (after creating /etc/gdeskelts), after
applying the patch.

> Anyway, I believe that providing a startup option for a different path to
> the profile's dir would be the better option (IMHO).

Indeed, that will be a cleaner/better option, ( that's why I called my
patch an hack :)
--
bou ^