Re: [gDesklets] gdeskets configuration
- From: Bjoern Koch <H Humpel gmx de>
- To: Johan Euphrosine <proppy aminche com>
- Cc: sa1230 <sa1230usr libero it>, gdesklets-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gDesklets] gdeskets configuration
- Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:26:24 +0200
Currently I'll try to hack a bit the source to allow a silent behavior and
defining some defaults applets to run while the daemon is starting.
The following hack:
bypass client/server stuff, for opening a profile in /etc at daemon startup.
Haven't tested it yet but for me it looks like this patch is going to
look in /etc/... for the profile on *any* newly installed system, too,
as there shouldn't be a "displays" file in the ".gdesklets" dir in the
user's home dir as this will be created and installed on gDesklets'
first startup - as far as I know.
But I might be wrong there.
Anyway, I believe that providing a startup option for a different path
to the profile's dir would be the better option (IMHO).
] [Thread Prev