Re: [gDesklets] gdeskets configuration

Hi there,

Currently I'll try to hack a bit the source to allow a silent behavior and
defining some defaults applets to run while the daemon is starting.

The following hack:
http://proppy.aminche.com/hg/gdesklets-0.36/rev/df0b8aaa4e76
bypass client/server stuff, for opening a profile in /etc at daemon startup.

Haven't tested it yet but for me it looks like this patch is going to look in /etc/... for the profile on *any* newly installed system, too, as there shouldn't be a "displays" file in the ".gdesklets" dir in the user's home dir as this will be created and installed on gDesklets' first startup - as far as I know.
But I might be wrong there.

Anyway, I believe that providing a startup option for a different path to the profile's dir would be the better option (IMHO).

Greetings, Bjoern