Re: [gDesklets] gdeskets configuration

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 19:02 +0200, sa1230 wrote:

> Currently I'll try to hack a bit the source to allow a silent behavior and
> defining some defaults applets to run while the daemon is starting.

The following hack:
http://proppy.aminche.com/hg/gdesklets-0.36/rev/df0b8aaa4e76
bypass client/server stuff, for opening a profile in /etc at daemon startup.

> If you could help me point me out where to look (to earn time) in the source
> for settings and saving configurations I'll be glad.

IIRC, all the required paths are set to python global variables in
main/__init__.py:
http://proppy.aminche.com/hg/gdesklets-0.36/file/eb3b48dd29e5/main/__init__.py

Be sure to check (and patch) all the code for using the variable
you're changing:

For example I had to patch main/transition.py for using REGISTRY_PATH
instead of USERHOME+"registry":
http://proppy.aminche.com/hg/gdesklets-0.36/rev/ae79cfea30fb

Hope that helps.