Re: [gDesklets] SlideShow Desklet review

Sean Bridges wrote:

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:03 -0700, Sean Bridges wrote:
So I figured out the issue with my ImageSlideShow control, but not sure
the best way to address.  I installed a fresh Feisty in a VM and got the
same error you reported.  Problem is that I use the python Image library
to read the photo caption data.  I guess this is not installed by
default.  I must have it had installed on my other test systems from
some other dependency :s

Doing an install of the ubuntu python-imaging (sudo apt-get install
python-imaging) package fixes this, but probably not the best method for
a control to have a non-standard dependency.  I will play around with
either removing this dependency, or somehow packaging this library with
the control unless someone has any other suggestions.

I uploaded a new version of the control to gdesklets.org.  I learned how
to fail gracefully if the Image library is not present.  It will still
do IPTC and EXIF without the Image library, but will just turn off JPEG
Comments if the library is not there.  I'm hoping this will fix the
issue.  Please let me know if it works for you now.
Great work!!!
It works for me right away after I cope the control file to ~/.gdesklets/Control/
It is a very nice desklet!

By the way, Could you see the desklets I submit as Legacy such as Countdown2,Clock and WorldTime when you log in?
I think others still can't see the desklets if they don't log in.
Thanks
Xusheng Hou

- Sean