Re: [gDesklets] SlideShow Desklet review

Hello Xuesheng,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 12:09 +0100, Xusheng Hou Sun COM wrote:
> Hi there,
> I met the same problem. I also submit some desklets Log in as Legacy.
> I can't see the desklets if I didn't log in.
> Only if I log in as Legacy, I could see the desklets I submit and
> Sean
> submit.

  After reading this, I see I have the same problem.  If I am logged in
to gdesklets, I see my submission fine.  If I logout, it is hidden.  I
looked through the submission properties and I don't see anything
obvious to toggle visibility.  Maybe this is a bug in gdesklets website.

> I was trying to run SlideShow but for some reason it didn't work for
> me.
> I put the Control both under ~/.gdesklets/Controls/ and
> /usr/lib/gdesklets/Controls but it still can't find the Control.
> Any clue?

I'm not sure.  I installed it on 2 different boxes from the gdesklets
website and it worked okay. I'm still building my troubleshooting skills
on these :) One thing I did notice is that I included the pyc files in
the archive.  I'm just now becoming familiar with how python works.  If
I understand right these are some kind of byte code compiled files.
Maybe this can cause issues.  Could you try deleting all the pyc files
out of your ~/.gdesklets/Controls/ImageSlideShow/ directory and see if
that fixes it?  That is my only guess at the moment, but will tinker to
see if anything else comes to light.

- Sean