Re: loosing settings

Ok.... well, i figured out the problem....

the short answer is I upgraded the GConf mandrake package i was using
from GConf-1.0.4-1mdk to GConf-1.0.4-2mdk and all is fixed.

the longer answer....
Every time i got the message:
1 items remain in the cache after cleaning already-synced items older
than 300 seconds

in the log file, all reads would fail (or maybe return null?). This is
true if i use my gui, my daemon, or even gconftool.  All the setting
were still correctly in the .xml file.  Doing a write to ANY parameter
in the apps path made all the other parameters "reappear" and be
readable again.

Thanks for the help!

Ken