acap stuff

While i'm thinking about gconf...

I haven't stopped planning on messing with gconf and acap.  I have the
sample acap server and client api compiling and working... had to hack
them both a bit... didn't compile all that clean.  The client API sample
program also required kerberos security, which i couldn't quickly get
working on my system, so i added some api calls to use user level
security.

I also upgraded my gnome install here at work (on solaris 2.6.... ug) to
be closer to what i have at home, so i can now share and test anything i
do in both places.

Ken