Re: GConf Permissions Problem

Wuzzeb <wuzzeb yahoo com> writes:
> Hi.  I just installed Mozilla 0.9.4 and Galeon 0.12,
> compiled from source, and am having problems...
> I upgraded GConf to version 1.0.4.  I am getting the
> error "Cannot find a schema for galeon
> preferences...."

On install Galeon installs schema files into a GConf database. So most
likely you've deleted the database since then, or the wrong database
was used for installation. The schema files themselves are not used at
runtime, you have to put them in the database with gconftool
--install-schema-file.

We should probably fall back to loading the files on the client side
if a system is misconfigured, but not currently implemented.