Re: loosing settings

couple things below.

On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 15:25, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> First step is to be sure you are logging errors from gconfd; add a
> line like this to /etc/syslog.conf and restart syslogd:
>
>  user.* /var/log/user
>
> Now see if gconf puts anything strange in there.

file is full of:

Sep 17 07:05:55 ken-p3 gconfd (ken-1611): 1 items remain in the cache
after cleaning already-synced items older than 300 seconds

> Also, be sure you are checking errors in your program and displaying
> those, instead of passing NULL to ignore errors. (Exception is with
> GConfClient, gconf_client_ methods will print errors if you pass
> NULL.) If you get errors there, see what they are.

will check this when i get home.... don't think i'm ignoring any error
returns....

> A first thing to check - do you have multiple gconfd processes
> running? If so, that is likely the problem; one of them has the lock
> on your settings, and your app is talking to the other one.

nope.

> Also, see if ~/.gconf contains files that appear to contain your
> settings.

looks like the setting are still in the file... i'll double check this
when i get home.