Re: loosing settings

well, i can't correlate the settings getting lost to either the gui or
the daemon doing anything specific, but it pretty reliably looses the
settings after some period of time...

I'll try running either just the gui or just the daemon to narrow it
down some, and see what i can come up with...

beyond that, i can send in my program (pretty small really).... i'd
guess anyone could reproduce this pretty easily....

I also could be doing some gconf stuff wrong.... this IS my first
program using gconf. I would think my daemon whis is calling gconf calls
directly is more likely doing something wrong than the gui which is
using pong.  Basically, the daemon does:

gconf_init()
conf = gconf_engine_get_default();
while(1)
	if(something happens)
		list = gconf_engine_get()
		if(list != NULL)
			iter = gconf_get_list(list)
			while(iter  != NULL)
				element = iter->data
				string = gconf_value_get_string(element)
				iter = g_slist_next(iter)
			end
		end
	end
end

also, there is a signal handler function which calls
gconf_engine_unref(conf) when the daemon is killed.

anything look bad?  I copied most of the list manipulation stuff right
from the gconf documentation....