Re: Pango / Xrender / Red Hat 8.0

Hello guenther,

guenther wrote:
[...]
Problem is that it cannot be installed anywhere outside of GARNOME_PREFIX : it seems the libconf cannot pick it up from anywhere else ... I have to reinstall libexif each time I build a new GARNOME, not very useful.

Not true. Maybe you just haven't installed a proper version system wide?
Indeed. I make my own installations into my home dir. Whereas the build says to change PKG_CONFIG_PATH and add the required directory, after the changes it is not able to pick it up. I am speaking of libconf, not ld (linktime or runtime). I maybe will investigate but am not so versed into autotools macros...
[...]
Hint: If you need to build some packages regularly for GARNOME or want
some additional ones, just create the garball yourself and use GARNOME
to build it. It's very easy in most cases, and I do have a collection of
some deps and additional goodies locally.

Basically you just need an adjusted Makefile in a new garball dir. 'make
makesum' will even create the checksums file automatically for you.
This indeed seems the best thing to do. Thanks for the tip.

Vincent
--
Reclaim Your Inbox!