Re: garnome 0.27.1 links against wrong libraries.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:27:43 +0200
Martijn Brouwer <eambrouwer myrealbox com> wrote:

> After this trial I moved all .la files from /usr/lib and tried to build vte again. Now it complains about a missing /usr/lib/libexpat.la 8)7. Is it wise to start garnome again from scratch with all the .la files out of the way?

Now, with all .la files somewhere else, I recompiled everything and all went quite well. So, thanks for help. Still one question: 'Where can I find some explanation of what .la files are, what purpose the serve, and why you do not need them on linux?

Bye, and thanks for the good work,

Martijn

Physics is a approximate description of a part of the physical phenomena, that are only a small portion of human perceptions.

H Casimir, Dutch Physicist