Re: garnome 0.27.1 links against wrong libraries.

<quote who="Martijn Brouwer">

> libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libgnome-desktop-2.la'

> Garnome tries to link against libgnome-desktop from /usr/lib. But I guess
> that it should use its own version of libgnome-desktop.

Not entirely. Find the .la file in /usr/lib that references the above file,
and delete it. Everything will continue as normal. .la files are not
required on Linux, and can break out-of-prefix builds for no reason, as
above.

> On the other machine compilation stops with errors concerning
> /usr/lib/libpango
>
> I changed the following line in gar.conf.mk main_prefix ?= $(HOME)/garnome
> to main_prefix ?= /usr/local/garnome
>
> What is wrong?

You can't just change the prefix and keep going. You have to build the
entire stack with the same prefix.

  "Well, it's harder to find the ashtrays." - Tom Waits on the effects of
                         fatherhood on songwriting