Re: garnome 0.27.1 links against wrong libraries.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:39:15 +1000
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> <quote who="Martijn Brouwer">
> There's no policy to remove them in Debian, for various reasons. Just grep
> for the reference against /usr/lib/*.la - they're just text files.

On the machine with the libpango-xft problem I did:
mv `grep libgnome-desktop *.la -l` /root/labackup/
which moved two files from /usr/lib: libgnome-desktop-2.la and libgnome-window-settings.la
Then I reran make install from meta/gnome-desktop, but it gives immediately the same error.

The other machine I can not try now since I cannot reach it: the router it is behind is down.

Martijn