Re: Proposing game for inclusion

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Mario Wenzel <maweki gmail com> wrote:
I do think that there is a difference between getting a drive-by for a C game (I don't like the C game but I do like the contribution) and making a commitment to maintain a game for 2, 5 or 10 years (gnome-robots should be that old by now, I guess).

I agree there is a difference, and one should think about future maintenance burden.

However, by the same logic, you are making a bet on Vala for that same future 2,5 or 10 year maintenance period.

I would not make that bet. I would never mandate a single language in such a way that it requires I make any bet at all.

John

The latter is a comittment for the whole team and not just the team as it is now but all future maintainers in the suggested time period.
Don't get me wrong, I am not comfortable with the state of our codebase as it is, either.