Re: Proposing game for inclusion

I feel that a language with an enforced type system is easier for
newcomers since the type checker does a lot of work for you.

I love many of the python paradigms and I would always choose if for
something I'm working on alone or everybody's always talking like a
proper company's development team.

I would guess, without being able to substantiate that, that the quality
of "drive-by-contributions" for languages without compile-time
type-checking are generally worse than the alternative.

But I would make the lack of manpower mainly responsible. We have/had
(don't know the current status) a hopeful SoC applicant for finishing
the Port of Sudoku but we had to turn away an OPW applicant for lack of
available mentors.
I hope I will be able to do a port myself this autumn as part of my
masters degree.

We are very lucky to be in a state where we can regularily release 15
games per release schedule. This wasn't done this time last year.

There's also the issue of wanting to have a unified design for the games
that fits with gnome3 and this will take a lot of time as well.

Prioritizing is hard :(

Mario